Article Marketing and SEO - The Lowdown on Getting High in Google position Ranking
Please take a little bit more than just a moment to read this carefully, as it could make the difference between success and failure to your website. A "successful" site is considered to be one that get large numbers of visitors. But how to get more visitors to your site?
There are just three ways that people could come to your site:
- They type your URL straight into their browser. That comes from some sort of offline contact - it might be your business card, a radio advert, an article in a magazine, or a conversation with a friend.
- They click on a link somewhere. It might be in an email they received (from a friend or from an eZine they subscribed to), or it might be on another website they have visited.
- Or they do a search in the search engines, see your site in the listings, and click to visit you.
That’s it. There is no other way for them to get to your site.
So, knowing that, how do get more traffic? Simple:
- Make sure you are promoting your online presence in all your offline promotional materials.
- Get lots of people to link to you, and lots of people to send out emails with your link in it.
- Get a top position in the search engines.
So. Simple, but not easy. Just how do you achieve 2 and 3 without spending heaps of cash or getting banned by the search engines? To understand this, we need to understand how the search engines work, which is actually simpler than most think.
Search engines want lots of people to use them. To achieve that, they strive to deliver relevant and up-to-date content to people who do a search through them. But how do they determine what is relevant to a search?
There are only two ways they can do that:
- They look at your site. Using very sophisticated algorithms they determine what the subject matter, the content of your site is. They also see how new, or old, it is, how recently it has changed, and how relevant the content is to your listed keywords. These are all known as on-page or on-site factors. You have direct control over many of these when you set up your site.
- They look at what other people say about your site. In doing this they look at two things: how many people link to your site (and what the link says) and also the importance of the site linking to your site. An important "authority" site that points to you is worth more than a whole bunch of unimportant sites. They also consider how recent the links that point to you are, and a number of other factors about the link and the context in which it is found.
At the same time, the search engines are constantly looking out for sites that try to fool them into thinking they are more relevant or more popular than they really are. Which is why the so-called "black-hat" techniques quickly lose their effectiveness.
So, to get to the top of the search engines you need to do two things:
- Optimize your on-page factors. There is plenty of information online (on this site, and also pages I refer you to) about how to do that. It is not difficult. But, in itself, it is also not enough.
- Get lots of high quality, one-way, relevant links to your site from as many other sites as possible.
How do you get people to link to you?
- Have a fantastic product so that they just, spontaneously, want to tell others about your site.
- Pay them to link to you - buy a text link, or offer an affiliate program.
- Exchange links with them - but reciprocal links are clearly not worth as much as one-way links, and it is a lot of work to do this effectively.
- Provide them with fresh, unique content that adds value to their site in return for which they agree to post a link back to you. Loads of sites are constantly looking for fresh, unique content. They get this content by hunting through article directories, or by subscribing to article submission services.
The Importance of Articles
So, if you send out articles to such directories, your articles will end up both on the directories themselves, AND on the niche sites that pick up and use your articles. And some of these are likely to be valuable "authority"-type sites. Of course it depends on the quality of your article who picks it up.
As you can see, this last method is the simplest and most powerful. It gives you hundreds or thousands of one way links, from niche-, or relevant sites, all for free.
All you need is some way to get a different, unique, article to each of those directories and eZine publishers.
Which brings me to my last suggestion: What if you could submit thousands of unique articles to publishers, directories and Blogs? AND do it automatically? Now that would boost your site promotion quite dramatically, wouldn't it?
There is a service that will let you do just that: the Unique Article Wizard.
But you shouldn't stop there - the real power behind this system comes when you use it regularly. Preferably once a week. This could get you 200 to 1800 new permanent one way links every week. By the end of a year, you could easily have 15,000 or more relevant, quality, one-way links to your site! Can you imagine what that would do to your site's Page Rank Rating?
That is the power of this system. And that is why it beats every other traffic generation and SEO system there is. From my personal experience I can assure you that it does work - one single article got my site 2,500 permanent links, and improved its PR by over 2 Million. Within two days! I don't know if it gets any better than that . . .
P.S. It is now 5 days since I started writing this page (yeah, got carried away!) Since then this website's Page Rank improved with just over 12,000,000 . . . As of this writing, it now falls within the top 3% of web pages internationally. Must add - got another three articles out there . . .
Update: September 2010 - This website is now verging on going below PR 1,000,000. And I've done very little with it since writing this page (about three months ago). (Because of a serious illness, I did not even publish any articles. If that is not proof of SiteSell's effectiveness, I don't know what is . . .)
It really is worthwhile having a look at UAW - go ahead - you've nothing to lose, and everything to gain. By subscribing to this submission service, you'll even get a fantastic bunch of bonuses: